Advantages of electromagnetic flow meter
Author:vacorda Source:vacorda.com Date: 2016-09-02 16:22:46
Electromagnetic flow meter is based on the Faraday law of electromagnetic induction. it is widely used in the fields of petroleum, chemical industry, steel, light industry, sewage processing, environmental protection, water conservancy project and pharmacy to measure the volume flow of the conducted liquid mediums, such as acid, alkali, salt solution and so on.
Advantages of electromagnetic flow meter:
1. No moving and blocked flow parts in the pipeline, almost no additional pressure loss in the measurement.
2. Measurements results are independent of physical parameters, such as flow distribution, fluid pressure, temperature, density and viscosity.
3. On-site modification of the measuring range available.
4. LCD display, easy to use and simple to operate.
5. Using SMD devices and SMT technology.
6. Using 16-bit embedded processors with fast speed and high accuracy, enhancing the stability of measurement.
7. Anti-interference, reliability, measurement range up to 150:1.
8. Ultra low EMI switch, wide range of power supply voltage.
9. RS485, RS232, Hart and Modbus digital communication signal output.
10. Self-checking function.
According to the working principle of electromagnetic flow meter shows that electromagnetic flowmeters have measured medium conductivity requirements, the medium needs to have some electrical conductivity. Therefore, the non-conductive gas, steam, oil, acetone can not use electromagnetic flowmeter.
In addition, the low conductivity media, such as measuring petroleum products or organic solvents will be limited. But we can take some steps to measure the lower conductivity medium:
- Reduce the internal resistance of the transmitter.
Under the premise to ensure accuracy, in order to measure the flow of low conductivity liquid, and extend the length of the signal transmission line, we should first reduce the transmitter internal resistance. Use large area electrode or three-electrode structure to reduce the contact resistance between the electrode and the liquid, At the same time, set the low noise preamplifier in the transmitter inside to enable the transmitter low-noise ratio and a high impedance output.
- Improve the converter's input impedance.
- Shield drive circuit.