Installation Attention Of Rotameters
Author:vacorda Source:www.vacorda.com Date: 2020-07-02 15:19:52
In order to make the rotor flowmeter work normally and achieve a certain measurement accuracy, pay attention to the following points when installing the flowmeter:
1. The rotor flowmeter must be installed vertically on the pipeline without vibration. The fluid flows through the flowmeter from bottom to top, and the verticality is better than 2°, and the horizontal angle is better than 2° when installed horizontally; (There are now rotameters that can be installed horizontally)
2. In order to facilitate maintenance and replacement of the flowmeter and cleaning of the measurement pipeline, the metal pipe float flowmeter installed on the process pipeline should be equipped with a bypass pipe and a bypass valve;
3. At the entrance of the rotor flowmeter, there should be a straight pipe section with a length more than 5 times the pipe diameter, and at the outlet, there should be a 250mm straight pipe section;
4. If the medium contains ferromagnetic substances, a magnetic filter should be installed; if the medium contains solid impurities, it should be considered to install a filter between the valve and the straight pipe section;
5. When used for gas measurement, ensure that the pipeline pressure is not less than 5 times the pressure loss of the flowmeter to make the float work stably;
6. In order to avoid the deformation of the flowmeter caused by the pipeline, the flange of the process pipeline must be coaxial with the flowmeter flange and parallel to each other. The pipeline supports to avoid pipeline vibration and reduce the axial load of the flowmeter. Control in the measurement system The valve should be installed downstream of the flowmeter:
7. When measuring gas, if the gas is directly discharged to the atmosphere at the outlet of the flowmeter, a valve should be installed at the outlet of the instrument, otherwise a pressure drop will occur at the float and cause data distortion.
8. When installing the PTFE-lined instrument, do not tighten the flange nut asymmetrically at will, so as not to cause deformation of the PTFE lining;
9. For instruments with LCD display, try to avoid direct sunlight on the display, so as not to reduce the service life of the LCD; instruments with lithium battery power supply, try to avoid direct sunlight and high temperature environment (≥65 ℃) to avoid reducing the capacity of the lithium battery and life.