How to select the material electromagnetic flow meter correctly?
Author:vacorda Source:vacorda.com Date: 2016-08-23 16:20:38
As a common flow measurement, it is a key factor to select the materials of electromagnetic flow meter, because only internal electrode and the measuring tube in contact with the media, therefore, according to the characteristics of different media, you need to select the correct electrode and lining materials.
- Stainless steel (0Cr18Ni12Mo2Ti). It applies to nitric acid, sulfuric acid at room temperature of less than 5%, boiling phosphoric acid, formic acid, alkali solution, a certain pressure sulfite, water, acetic acid.
- Hastelloy B, Hastelloy C. It can be used in sea water, brine.
- Titanium. Suitable for sea water, a variety of chloride and hydrochloric acid chlorination, oxidizing acids (including fuming nitric acid), organic acids and alkali.
- Tantalum. Chemical mediators in addition to hydrofluoric acid, fuming sulfuric acid, potassium, including the boiling point of the hydrochloric acid, nitric acid and sulfuric acid(<175℃), etc.
- Platinum. It can be used for a variety of acid, alkali, salt, but does not include aqua regia.
- Rubber. Having excellent elasticity, high tearing strength, abrasion performance and good resistance to general weak acid weak base erosion, can be measured in water, sewage, mud and pulp and so on.
- Polyurethane(PU). Has excellent wear performance, acid and alkali poor performance, we can measure the wear-neutral coal slurry, mud and slurry.
- Polytetrafluoroethylene(PTFE). Resistance to boiling hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, nitric acid, aqua regia, concentrated alkali and various organic solvents, good wear performance, adhesion performance is poor.
This is about materials selection of electromagnetic flowmeter, different media have different characteristics, not necessarily choose the most expensive, only choose the economical and durable is right.